Thursday, March 12, 2009

Picking up speed



Time here is really flying by.  I am finally into all of my classes and I am starting to see that art school is a lot of work.  I have already finished one book and I have many readings and responses ahead of me.  My professors have begun to share some of their art with me and I am so impressed by how talented they all are.  I am getting used to the gorgeous sunsets every night.  I also am finding out that I am a cook.  I have been experimenting for the first time with providing for myself.  There is no chef like at the sorority house or my mom to make me dinners.  It's funny how you learn the things you can't live without.  I have walked 45 minutes to the international store for salsa and black beans (which come dry).  They will be put to good use because tonight we are making mexican food and crystal lite margaritas. Tomorrow we are taking out first hike up to my program directors house where we will be having a family barbecue.  As strange as such a small program is after CU, it really is like a family.  There are many opportunities to do things together and I am enjoying that while I am so far from home.  

2 comments:

  1. Lauren, Sounds like you are setteling in. Are you able to read my blogs? Who else it keeping up with you. I don't see anyone I know on the page. I have never really blogged before so this is new to me.
    Keep having a great time.
    Aunt Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt elaine! yes i can see your comments! this is all new to me too, so i am just learning. you should be able to see rkbrownie which is my mom and dad, and then miss brown is lindsay. im not entirely sure who all is following it my all the sisters were sent the link to this. please feel free to pass it on to anyone who you think might be interested in seeing where my travels take me, love and miss you, and hopefully ill make it too florida sooner rather than later!

    ReplyDelete