Sunday, March 1, 2009

From hotel dioskorous...



Hello from Athens!  So I am finally here in Greece and I am so excited I can hardly wait to make it to Paros.  First, a little recap of Amsterdam.  Amsterdam was a whirlwind of excitement and adventures with 6 others girls form Boulder.  We enjoyed exploring the beautiful city and all of its eccentricities.  I enjoyed the Heineken Brewing Factory and had an eye opening experience walking the red light district.  The final day we were there we went to the Anne Frank House and it was one of the most humbling and daunting experiences I have ever had.  Due to the serious and somber nature of the museum not pictures were allowed, but it was so incredible.  We also enjoyed lots of ethnic food from that international city.  It was probably some of the best Thai and Indian food I have ever had.  The entire town was so cute and everyone seemed to laid back and happy.  As an American I finally felt welcome (especially after Paris).  It was so good to see my friends from school, it was definitely a little taste of home being with them there.
So after a long day of travel I am finally in Greece.  I have started meeting some of the other students in my program.  I found out my program has 30 students (28 girls and 2 boys).  Everyone seems super nice.  They are from all over the US and are mostly art students this far which should be really fun.  We went out to dinner tonight and I got a first little taste of Greek food. We are all anxious and excited to get to our island though.  We will explore Athens a bit tomorrow and then Tuesday morning (early!) we take the boat to Paros.  My next update will finally be form my island.  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment