Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Paros


"Where you have more time to do more, or more time to do less"- Victoria, my Greek professor.  This quote pretty much sums up life in Paros.  I have only been able to but watch in awe these past few days and marvel at the life here.  Greek life here is so authentic and pure and genuine.  It is the end of my second day and I can only say I am blessed, privileged, and deliriously happy.  I just finished another long dinner with five other girls from my program where we nearly finished 3 bottles of wine.  I am finally settled in my beautiful studio apartment complete with 2 twin beds, a kitchenette, bathroom, desk, and balcony.  It is spacious and beautiful (bigger than my room in the sorority but it's a single!).  I signed up for my classes today.  I added classes that I wasn't planning on taking because they sounded so fantastic.  The teachers are passionate about their subjects and all of the students seem eager to learn.  I honestly can't wait to start classes tomorrow.   Last night there was a big welcome dinner with more amazing food.  I'm proud of myself already for branching out and trying new things (like chick peas) already.  From the rooftop cafe of our building you can see the water (we are only about a block away).  I just keep pinching myself because I can;t believe this is real.  Both days have been sunny and warm... it's picturesque.  I cannot wait for Amanda (my best friend) to arrive and eventually my parents because I want to share my good fortune with everyone.

2 comments:

  1. i cannot believe how beautiful your adventure sounds so far in greece... i am so anxious to get over there and see what the country and the island are all about. so proud of you for trying chick peas (so good right? ) and i cannot wait to see you SOSO soon. love you and miss you tons

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so proud of you!! Reading this brings huge smiles to our faces. All the legwork and research to figure out where you wanted to go and study has paid off big time! We know your adventure is just beginning, and will take full advantage of the opportunity. Love you honey--M&D

    ReplyDelete